Type your search here:

Please Wait..

jeudi 28 avril 2016

Why Millennials Don't Care If They Have Wrinkles on Their Skin

Views:

When I recently met with Taylor Frankel, the 18-year-old cofounder of Nudestix, she schooled me on millennial beauty and why they are such devotees of her line of multiuse pencils. Taylor explained how women her age want easy, natural, and minimalist makeup. Chubby crayons - like Nudestix, which can be applied to the eye, cheek, and lip - fill that need. The line is a year old and already sold at Sephora and Urban Outfitters.

This success story was stuck in my mind as I read a fascinating feature in WWD about millennial beauty trends. Times are certainly changing. Millennials differ from the baby boomers in that they care less about concealing signs of aging, flaunt their uniqueness, and seek natural-ingredient options. In many ways, I epitomize the Gen Y mindset in that I refuse to get Botox in my 30s (yes, I do have some fine lines) and focus on a holistic lifestyle that bleeds into my skin care regimen. And like my Gen Y peers, I love a full face of contoured makeup and fuchsia lipstick just as much as I enjoy going out with just mascara and a bit of highlighter.

Millennials will also affect what products some of the most prestigious, classic brands, such as Estée Lauder, Clinique, and Lancome, will launch in the coming seasons. For the record, all of these labels are releasing trend-forward cushion beauty products this season. And Estée debuted a new, more youthful range, The Edit, on Sephora, which is fronted by Kendall Jenner and blogger Irene Kim.

We know that Gen Next wants fast results, but they're also willing to put in the work to get there. This includes anything from working on their overall wellness by eating healthy and taking supplements to executing do-it-yourself projects. GlamGlow cofounder Shannon Dellimore said in the article: "Millennials, they want things beyond instantly . . . instantly isn't even good enough nowadays."

Keep reading to discover more facts about the most "disruptive" generation yet.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire